Monitoring Help Desk Process Using KPI
The paper presents an originally way of setting and calculating key performance indicators for a Help Desk problem based on Fishbone analysis - a six sigma technique. The paper focuses on analyzing the process data collected during two months. The process is modeled using BPMN language and an original process enhancement in three steps is applied. The first month is allocated to observing the process behavior and establishing improvement methods. During the second month the impact of the improvements is measured. The results of the research show process improvement as a result of organizational decision that has a positive and visible impact on kpi. The originally manner that kpi was developed can be easily customized to other business process types.
Keywordskey performance indicators fishbone diagram BPMN process monitoring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Riches, T.: Top 10 Business Priorities for 2011, BPTrends (January 2011) Google Scholar
- 2.Amyot, A.P.D., Weiss, P.C.M., Forster, A.J.: Business Process Monitoring and Alignment: An Approach Based on the User Requirements Notation and Business Intelligence Tools- 2007/5. In: Proceedings of the 10th Workshop of Requirement Engineering (WERE 2007), Toronto, pp. 80–91 (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Ishikawa, K.: Introduction to Quality Control. Productivity Press (1990), ISBN 10: 490622461X, 13: 9784906224616Google Scholar
- 4.Six Sigma ONLINE Aveta Business Institute, http://www.sixsigmaonline.org/
- 5.Kaufman, R.: - Preparing Useful Performance Indicators. Train. Dev. J. 42(9), 80 (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Taylor, C.: Fitz-Gibbon-Performance Indicators 1990 Number 2, Multilingual Matters Ltd., Clevedon (1990), ISBN 10: 1853590924, 13: 978185359092Google Scholar