Analysis of the Bankruptcy Prediction Model in the Present Economic Situation
One of the research topics that garnered worldwide attention in the last decades is the prediction of bankruptcy risk. This led to the development and the diversification of methods and techniques used to quantifying this kind of risk. In this paper we analyzed the existing tools for predicting the risk of bankruptcy that are available to the decision maker, with a clear and concise study comprising a total of 60 companies in the Romanian economy.
Keywordsanalysis and prediction discriminant analysis bankruptcy prediction Altman model Anghel model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kareks, G., Prakash, A.: Multivariat Normality and Forecasting of Business Bankruptcy. Journal of Business & Bankruptcy, 573–593 (1987)Google Scholar
- 2.Pinches, G., Eubank, A., Mingo, K., Caruthers, K.: The Hierarchical Classification of Financial Ratios. Journal of Business Research, 309–310 (October 1975)Google Scholar
- 3.Altman, E.I.: Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis and the Prediction of Corporate Bankruptcy. Journal of Finance, 589–609 (September 1968)Google Scholar
- 4.Altman, E., Haldemon, R., Narayama, P.: Zeta Analysis. Journal of Banking and Finance, 89–108 (June 1977)Google Scholar
- 5.Altman, E.I., Lafleur, J.K.: Managing a return to financial health. Journal of Business Strategy, 31–38 (June 1981)Google Scholar
- 6.Heffernan, S.: Modern Banking, 2nd edn. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. (2005) ISBN 10: 0470095008, 13: 978-0470095003Google Scholar
- 7.Armeanu, Ş.D., Vintilă, G., Moscalu, M., Filipescu, M.-O., Lazăr, P.: Using Quantitative Data Analysis Techniques for Bankruptcy Risk Estimation for Corporations. Theoretical and Applied Economics XIX(1), (566), 97–112 (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Shumway, T.: Forecasting bankruptcy more accurately: a simple hazard model. Journal of Business 74, 22–23 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.New study rewrites the A-Z of value investing – Financial Times, http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/7ca640a8-88f4-11de-b50f-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1zC2OGQgD (August 14, 2009)
- 11.Crăciun, M., Raţiu, C., Bucerzan, D., Manolescu, A.: On the Applicability of the Anghel and Altman Bankruptcy Prediction Models in the Actual Crisis Conditions. Presented at Workshop on Intelligent Decision Support Systems for Crisis Management, Oradea (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Anghel, I.: Falimentul – Radiografie si Predictie, pp. 135–150. Editura Economica, Bucuresti (2002)Google Scholar