Morphological Wavelets for Panchromatic and Multispectral Image Fusion
Image fusion is the combining process of relevant information from one or more images to create a single image with more informational content. In remote sensing applications, the spatial resolution of the multispectral images is enhanced using detail information from the panchromatic images which have a higher resolution. This process is known as pansharpening. One of the most used pansharpening method is based on wavelet decomposition. The edge information from the panchromatic image is injected in the wavelet decomposition of the multispectral image. In this paper a fusion method based on morphological wavelets is proposed. The main advantage of morphological wavelets is the computing complexity, because only integer operations are used.
Keywordsimage fusion multispectral image morphological wavelet transform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Dong, J., Zhuang, D., Huang, Y., Fu, J.: Survey of Multispectral Image Fusion Techniques in Remote Sensing Applications. Image Fusion and Its Applications, Intech., 1–22 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Gomez, R.B., Jazaeri, A., Kafatos, M.: Wavelet-based hyperspectral and multispectral image fusion. In: Proc. SPIE. Geo-Spatial Image and Data Exploitation II, vol. 4383, pp. 36–42Google Scholar
- 10.Mitianoudis, N., Tzimiropoulos, G., Stathaki, T.: Fast Wavelet-based Pansharpening of Multi-Spectral Images. In: Proc. of 2010 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST), pp. 11–16 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Nobuhara, H., Hirota, K.: A Fuzzification of MorphologicalWavelets Based on Fuzzy Relational Calculus and its Application to Image Compression/Reconstruction. Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics 8(4), 373–378 (2004)Google Scholar
- 12.Open Source Computer Vision Library, Reference Manual, Copyright 1999-2001 Intel CorporationGoogle Scholar
- 14.SATELLITE IMAGING CORPORATION, http://www.satimagingcorp.com/satellite-sensors
- 16.Multispectral Image Database, http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/CAVE/databases/multispectral/
- 17.Global Observatory for Ecosystem Services, Michigan State University, http://landsat.org