CMOS-Integrated Temperature Relay Based on Widlar Mirror
One presents a new variant of temperature relay scheme for CMOS chips, based on a simple structure of voltage source with two cross-connected current mirrors (of modified-Widlar type and simple one). In this scheme the positive feedback is exploited which is designed so that, for a particular temperature the circuit toggles. In this moment his output voltage achieves a level jump, great enough to drive an interface circuit with the relay-signalisation processing part. The relay toggle condition is deduced, which clears up the relay function. The releasing temperature may be programmed in a large range through one or two resistors. The simulation results are presented for the relay conceived in 0.35μm CMOS process. The releasing-temperature process variation is reduced, by a special design procedure, to a maximum value of ±5.5oC.
KeywordsCMOS temperature relay modified Widlar mirror
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Mihăescu, R.D.: Concepţia unor surse de curent de referinţă pentru circuite integrate CMOS. Doctoral thesis, “Politehnica” University of Timişoara (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Ciugudean, M.A., Bodea, M.C., Coandă, H.G.: Simple and Performing Temperature-Compensated Voltage References. Buletinul Ştiinţific al Universităţii Politehnica, Seria Electronică şi Telecomunicaţii, Tom 56 (70), Fascicola 1, 6–11 (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Marinca, V.B.: Concepţia şi proiectarea unor noi senzori de temperatură analogici integraţi în tehnologie CMOS. Doctoral thesis, “Politehnica” University of Timişoara (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Marinca, V.B., Ciugudean, M.A.: CMOS Temperature sensors using peaking current source. Buletinul Ştiinţific al Universităţii Politehnica, Seria Electronică şi Telecomunicaţii, Tom 56 (70), Fascicola 1, 19–23 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Baker, R.J.: CMOS: Circuit Design, Layout, and Simulation, 3rd edn. Wiley - IEEE Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Ciugudean, M.A.: CMOS Integrated Temperature Relay Based on Wilson Mirror (to be published)Google Scholar