Memristor-Based Phase-Lead Controller Circuit Design
Memristor predicted and described by L. O. Chua is a new electrical element. Memristor with variable resistance which changes automatically as its voltage changing can be used as a tunable parameter in control systems. Phase-lead controller is widely used in industrial process control applications. The conventional method for adjusting phase-lead controller parameters is based on the “trial and error” procedure which leads to an inconvenient and approximated design. In the meantime, once the parameters are adjusted, they are fixed during the control system operation. In this paper, memristor-based phase-lead (M-phase-lead) controller is presented. Based on memristor constitutive relations of the memristance and memductance, the proposed M-phase-lead controller is more flexible during the design process. The theoretical description of design scheme is presented and simulation example is given to show the effectiveness of the advocated design methodology.
KeywordsFrequency-domain Memristor phase-lead
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chua, L.O.: Memristor—The missing circuit element. IEEE Trans. Circuit Theory CT-18(5), 507–519 (1971)Google Scholar
- 12.Radwan, A.G., Zidan, M.A., Salma, K.N.: HP Memristor mathematical model for periodic signals and DC. In: IEEE Int. Midwest Symp. on Circuits and Systems, pp. 861–864 (2010)Google Scholar
- 13.Mahvash, M., Parker, A.C.: A memristor SPICE modelfor designing memristor circuits. In: IEEE Int. Midwest Symp. on Circuits and Systems, pp. 989–992 (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.Delgado, A.: The memristor as controller. In: IEEE Nanotechnology Materials and Devices Conference, pp. 376–379 (2010)Google Scholar
- 15.Wang, X., Zhao, Y., Liao, Y.: Dynamic Performance Analysis of PID Controller with one Memristor. In: International Conference on Information Science and Technology, pp. 1234–1237 (2011)Google Scholar