Modeling of the Electric Arc Behavior of the Electric Arc Furnace
During the electric arc furnace operation appear disturbances, which can affect the other equipments that are connected to the same power network. So it is necessary to develop models for the electric arc which characterizes the electric arc behavior in order to identify methods and solutions through which the disturbances that appear in the power network can be reduced.
This paper presents two proposed models used to simulate the electric arc behavior of a 3-phase electric arc furnace which were implemented using the Simulink toolbox of Matlab. In order to facilitate the analysis of the influence of the model parameters, graphical user interfaces were implemented. Then, the simulation results were compared with known results.
Keywordselectric arc furnace voltage-current characteristic electric arc model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Golovanov, N., Sora, I., Altii, S.: Electrothermics and electro-technologies, vol. I. Publishing house Tehnica, Bucuresti (1997)Google Scholar
- 5.Golkar, M.A., Tavakoli Bina, M., Meschi, S.: A Novel Method of Electrical Arc Furnace Modeling for Flicker Study. In: International Conference on Renewable Energies And Power Quality (ICREPQ 2007), Sevilla, March 28–30, pp. 620–626 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Panoiu, M., Panoiu, C.: Nonlinear processes modeling and simulation in electrothermics. Publishing House Mirton, Timisoara (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Panoiu, M., Panoiu, C., Sora, I., Osaci, M., Muscalagiu, I.: Modeling, Simulating and Experimental Validation of the AC Electric Arc in the Circuit of Three-Phase Electric Furnaces. In: EUROSIM 2007 Congress, Ljubljana, Slovenia, September 9-13, pp. 241–250 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Petersen, H.M., Koch, R.G., Swart, P.H.: Modelling Arc Furnace Flicker and Investigating Compensation Techniques. IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, 1733–1740 (1995)Google Scholar
- 10.Hooshmand, R., Banejad, M., Esfahani, M.T.: A New Time Domain Model For Electric Arc Furnace. Journal of Electrical Engineering 59(4), 195–202 (2008)Google Scholar