Cooperative Multi-robot Searching Algorithm
The problem of multi-robot for searching mission with fully communicative known environment is considered in this paper. Robots are required to maneuver every part of the given environment repeatedly until they find a target object. In order to increase the effectiveness of deploying the mult-robot, they need to be spread out sufficiently, not overlapping the searching area with other robots. To achieve this, we proposed an algorithm about deploying the multi-robot with maximizing the on-line coverage of the searching area. A shared dynamic map and its updating algorithm is proposed. Robots find next exploration area autonomously while updating the shared dynamic map. The algorithm is tested by simulation and the result is presented.
Keywordsmulti-robot coverage searching cooperative searching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Marjovi, A., Nunes, J.G., Marques, L., de Almeida, A.: Multi-robot exploration and fire searching. In: IROS, October 10-15, pp. 1929–1934 (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Ahmadi, M., Stone, P.: A multi-robot system for continuous area sweeping tasks. In: ICRA, May 15-19, pp. 1724–1729 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Kantor, G., Singh, S., Peterson, R., Rus, D., Das, A., Kumar, V., Pereira, G., Spletzer, J.: Distributed search and rescue with robot and sensor teams. In: Proc. of the 4th Intl. Conf. on Field and Service Robotics, pp. 327–332 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Lu, Q., Han, Q.: On Designing a Cooperative Control System for Multiple Mobile Robots to Locate the Source of Odor. In: Proc. of 18th IFAC World Congress, pp. 9446–9451 (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Gonzalez, E., Alarcon, M., Aristizabal, P., Parra, C.: BSA: A Coverage Algorithm. In: Proc. International Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, vol. 2, pp. 1679–1684 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Parker, L.E.: Distributed intelligence: Overview of the field and its application in multi-robot systems. Journal of Physical Agents, 2(1) (March 2008)Google Scholar