A Development of Art Robot System for Representation of Brightness of Image
Existing drawing robots draw pictures using robot-arm based on coordinates extracted from image processing. However, they draws pictures by presenting contours and brightness, they lacked the technique of stepped representation of brightness and due to that, resulting pictures differed a lot compared to its original version. This paper proposes art robot system that is capable of detection and extraction of brightness in images, along with dynamic representation of brightness lines that change with accordance to the value of brightness level. Proposed robot system analyzes and classifies the brightness by its density and based on this brightness levels, brightness and shade is drawn by repeated reproducing of overlapped lines. This representation of brightness method can draw pictures with various types of brightness by adjusting the number of brightness lines and leveling of brightness.
KeywordsBrightness Art Robot Robot Arm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yao, F., Shao, G.: Painting Brush Control Techniques in Chinese Painting Robot. In: IEEE International Workshop on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Tresset, P., Leymarie, F.F., Khaorapapong, N.: SKEDIOMATA: Guinea Pig and Performer. In: The 17th International Symposium Electronic Art, ISEA (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Tresset, P., Leymarie, F.F.: http://sites.google.com/site/aikonproject
- 4.Hooi, I., et al.: PICARSO Programmable Interface Controller With Autonomous Robotic Spraying Operation. In: Proceedings of the Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation, ACRA (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Franke, U., Lehni, J.: “Hektor”, http://hektor.ch/Book/Hektor.pdf/
- 6.Benedettelli, D.: LEGO Mindstorms NXT Portrayer Robot (September 2008), http://robotics.benedettelli.com/portrayer.htm/
- 7.Calinon, S., Epiney, J., Billard, A.: A Humanoid Robot Drawing Human Portraits. In: The 5th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots (2005)Google Scholar