A Study of Path Planning Algorithm Based on the Survival Probability
After the development of fusion technology of mechanics, electronics and IT, there are a lot of researches about the autonomous vehicle. For this kind of vehicle to move automatically, it needs the reference input that the vehicle can follow, and this reference input comes from a path planning algorithm. A* is one of the well-known global path planning algorithm that finds the optimal path on the given map using the heuristic cost function. However, A* algorithm gives the vehicle some reference points on the path not the continuous reference path. And A* may not guarantee the path will not collide the corner of the obstacle. To overcome this problem, in this paper, the hybrid path planning algorithm is suggested using B-spline equation and new heuristic cost function with survival probability. At last, we developed the simulation program and the results are shown.
Keywordsautonomous vehicle A* algorithm B-spline curve equation path planning algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hard, P.E., Nilsson, N.J., Raphael, B.: A Formal Basis for the Heuristic Determination of Minimum Cost Paths. IEEE Transactions of Systems Science and Cybernetics ssc-4(2) (July 1968)Google Scholar
- 2.Lee, K.: Principles of CAD/CAM/CAE systems. Addson Wesley (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Lester, P. (July 2005), http://www.policyalmanac.org/games/aStarTutorial.htm
- 5.de Boor, C.: On Calculating with B-spline. Journal of Approx. Theory 6, 52–60 (1972)Google Scholar
- 6.Press, W.H., Teukolsky, S.A., Vetterling, W.T., Flannery, B.P.: Numerical Recipes in C++, 2nd edn. Cambridge University Press (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Kim, M.-H., Lee, M.-C.: A Path Generation Method for Path Tracking Algorithms that use the Augmented Reality. In: International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems, pp. 1487–1490 (2010)Google Scholar