An Algorithm Model for Gross Cognitive Reappraisal Strategy
In this paper, we use the mathematical model of Finite State Machine to describe the conversion process of individual’s emotional state based on Gross’s process model of emotion regulation strategies. In the model, we abstract Gross cognitive reappraisal strategy into a quantitative parameter and propose a kind of preliminary algorithm description for the influence cognitive reappraisal strategy has on the emotional conversion process. At last, we make simulation experiment for the algorithm model, and the experimental results show that the proposed algorithm proposed can effectively describe the relationship between reappraisal strategy and emotion-generative process.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Wang, H., He, X.: Knowledge Representation by Naive Mental Image. Chinese Journal of Computer 24(8), 891–896 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Liu, Y., Fu, Q., Fu, X.: Cognitive and emotional interaction. Chinese Science Bulletin 18(54), 2783–2796 (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu, Z., Zhu, Q.: Algebraic properties of state automaton matrix model. Computer Engineering and Applications (04) (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, X., Xie, L., Yang, W., Wang, Z., Fu, S.: Dynamic regulation process of facial expression robot. Journal of Control Theory and Applications 28(7), 936–946 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Johnston, V.S.: Why we feel the science of human emotions. Perseus Books Group Massachus 8 (April 1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Ekman, P.: Universals and cultural differences in facial expressions of emotion. In: Cole, J. (ed.) Nebraska Symposium on Motivation, vol. 19, pp. 207–282. University of Nebraska Press, Lincoln (1971)Google Scholar