Optimal Control of Diffusion-Convection-Reaction Equations Using Upwind Symmetric Interior Penalty Galerkin (SIPG) Method
- 1.8k Downloads
We discuss the numerical solution of linear quadratic optimal control problem with distributed and Robin boundary controls governed by diffusion convection reaction equations. The discretization is based on the upwind symmetric interior penalty Galerkin (SIPG) methods which lead to the same discrete scheme for the optimize-then-discretize and the discretize-then-optimize.
KeywordsOptimal Control Problem Boundary Control Discontinuous Galerkin Discontinuous Galerkin Method Convection Diffusion Equation
Bülent Karasözen was supported through a Fulbright Scholarship as visiting scholar at Rice University. Hamdullah Yücel has been supported by the 2214-International Doctoral Research Fellowship Program TÜBITAK during his studies in the Department of Computational & Applied Mathematics, Rice University. The authors also thank to Prof. M. Heinkenschloss for his valuable suggestions and comments.
- 3.Ben Belgacem, F., El Fekih, H., Metoui, H.: Singular perturbation for the Dirichlet boundary control of elliptic problems. M2AN Math. Model. Numer. Anal. 37, 883–850 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Collis, S.S., Heinkenschloss, M.: Analysis of the streamline upwind/Petrov Galerkin method applied to the solution of optimal control problems. Tech. Rep. TR02-01, Department of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Rice University (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Lube, G., Tews, B.: Distributed and boundary control of singularly perturbed advection-diffusion-reaction problems. In: BAIL 2008-Boundary and Interior Layers. Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering, vol. 69, pp. 205–214. Springer, Berlin (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Rivière, B.: Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for Solving Elliptic and Parabolic Equations. Theory and Implementation. Frontiers in Applied Mathematics, vol. 35. SIAM, Philadelphia (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Tröltzsch, F.: Optimal Control of Partial Differential Equations. Theory, Methods and Applications. American Mathematical Society, Providence (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.Yücel, H., Heikenschloss, M., Karaszen, B.: Distributed optimal control of diffusion-convection-reaction equations using discontinuous Galerkin methods. In: Proceedings of ENUMATH 2011. Springer, Berlin (2013)Google Scholar