Key-Concept Extraction for Ontology Engineering
- 1.5k Downloads
We present a framework for supporting ontology engineering by exploiting key-concept extraction. The framework is implemented in an existing wiki-based collaborative platform which has been extended with a component for terminology extraction from domain-specific textual corpora, and with a further step aimed at matching the extracted concepts with pre-existing structured and semi-structured information. Several ontology engineering related tasks can benefit from the availability of this system: ontology construction and extension, ontology terminological validation and ranking, and ontology concepts ranking.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tonelli, S., Rospocher, M., Pianta, E., Serafini, L.: Boosting collaborative ontology building with key-concept extraction. In: Proceedings of 5th IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Ghidini, C., Rospocher, M., Serafini, L.: MoKi: A Wiki-Based Conceptual Modeling Tool. In: Proc. of ISWC 2010, Posters and Demonstrations Track, Shanghai, China (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Pianta, E., Tonelli, S.: KX: A flexible system for Keyphrase eXtraction. In: Proc. of SemEval 2010, Task 5: Keyword Extraction from Scientific Articles, Uppsala, Sweden (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Pedersen, T., Banerjee, S., Patwardhan, S.: Maximizing semantic relatedness to perform word sense disambiguation. Technical Report UMSI 2005/25, University of Minnesota (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Navigli, R., Ponzetto, S.P.: Babelnet: Building a very large multilingual semantic network. In: Proc. of the 48th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Uppsala, Sweden (2010)Google Scholar