Evaluating Wiki-Enhanced Ontology Authoring
It is nowadays well-established that the construction of quality domain ontologies benefits by the involvement in the modelling process of more actors, possibly having different roles and skills. To be effective, the collaboration between these actors has to be fostered, enabling each of them to actively and readily participate to the development of the ontology, favouring as much as possible the direct involvement of the domain experts in the authoring activities. Recent works have shown that ontology modelling tools based on wikis’ paradigm and technology could contribute in meeting these collaborative requirements.
This paper investigates the effectiveness of wiki-enhanced approaches for collaborative ontology authoring in supporting the team work carried out by domain experts and knowledge engineers.
KeywordsOntology Modelling Knowledge Engineer Editing Operation Access Mode Ontology Entity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Palma, R., Corcho, O., Gómez-Pérez, A., Haase, P.: A holistic approach to collaborative ontology development based on change management. Web Semantics: Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web 9(3) (2011)Google Scholar
- 4.Dimitrova, V., Denaux, R., Hart, G., Dolbear, C., Holt, I., Cohn, A.G.: Involving Domain Experts in Authoring OWL Ontologies. In: Sheth, A.P., Staab, S., Dean, M., Paolucci, M., Maynard, D., Finin, T., Thirunarayan, K. (eds.) ISWC 2008. LNCS, vol. 5318, pp. 1–16. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Ghidini, C., Rospocher, M., Serafini, L.: Conceptual modeling in wikis: a reference architecture and a tool. In: The Fourth International Conference on Information, Process, and Knowledge Management (eKNOW 2012), Valencia, Spain, pp. 128–135 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Wohlin, C., Runeson, P., Höst, M., Ohlsson, M.C., Regnell, B., Wesslén, A.: Experimentation in software engineering: an introduction. Kluwer Academic Publishers (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Wikimedia Foundation: Mediawiki, http://www.mediawiki.org (accessed on November 6, 2011)
- 11.Kaljurand, K., Fuchs, N.E.: Verbalizing owl in attempto controlled english. In: Proceedings of Third International Workshop on OWL: Experiences and Directions, Innsbruck, Austria, June 6-7, vol. 258 (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Ghidini, C., Rospocher, M., Di Francescomarino, C.: Theoretical and empirical evaluation of wiki-enhanced ontology authoring. Technical report, FBK-IRST, Italy (2012), https://dkm.fbk.eu/index.php/MoKi_Evaluation_Resources