Research on Parameter Matching and Fuzzy Logic Control Strategies of EMT Hybrid Energy Storage System
Electro-mechanical transmission (EMT) is a transmission pattern of hybrid electric vehicles. This paper analyzes and calculates the required electric power of EMT. The requirement to the hybrid energy storage system of EMT is analyzed and calculated in this paper. Then according to the calculation results, the parameters of hybrid energy storage system consisted of batteries and supercapacitors for EMT are matched. Based on the analysis of required electric power, three fuzzy control strategies for different modes are proposed in this paper. The model of HESS and control block is built based on Matlab/Simulink. Simulation results indicate that the required electric power and energy is satisfied, and the control strategy proposed in this paper is feasible. The supercapacitors play an important role to diminish the impacts on batteries.
KeywordsBatteries Supercapacitors Hybrid energy storage system Parameter matching Fuzzy control
- 1.Wang W, Xiang C, Han L, Ma Y, Liu H (2011) Integrated control strategy of electro-mechanical transmission system. J Mech Eng 47(20):152–158Google Scholar
- 2.Chen Q (2009) Advanced electric vehicle technology. Chemistry Industry Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 3.Yan X, Pan Y (2010) Design and analysis of the structure of ultracapacitor/Batteries hybrid system. Power Electron 44(5):75–77Google Scholar
- 4.Han L (2010) A study on performance matching and control strategy for power-split hybrid electric vehicles. Beijing Institute of Technology, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 5.Marle-Francoise N, Gualous H (2005) 42 V power net with supercapacitor and battery for automotive applications. J Power Sour 143:275–283Google Scholar