Decision Tree Selection in an Industrial Machine Fault Diagnostics
Decision trees are widely used technique in data mining and classification fields. This method classifies objects following succession tests on their attributes. Its principal disadvantage is the choice of optimal model among the various existing trees types (Chaid, Cart,Id3..). Each tree has its specificities which make the choice justification difficult. In this work, decision tree choice validation is studied and the use of genetic algorithms is proposed. To pull out best tree, all models are generated and their performances measured on distinct training and validation sets. After that, various statistical tests are made. In this paper we propose the diagnosis accomplishment of an industrial ventilator(Fan) based an analysis-decision trees.
KeywordsGenetics algorithm Decision trees Evaluation Datamining
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cha, S.-H., Tappert, C.: A Genetic Algorithm for Constructing CompactBinary Decision Trees. Journal of Pattern Recognition Research (2009)Google Scholar
- Chen, J., Wang, X., Zhai, J.: Pruning Decision Tree Using Genetic Algorithms. In: International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Computational Intelligence (2009)Google Scholar
- Hall, M., Frank, E., Holmes, G., Pfahringer, B., Reutemann, P., Witten, I.: The WEKA Data Mining Software: An Update. SIGKDD Explorations, 11 (2009)Google Scholar
- Karabadji, N.E.I., Khelf, I., Seridi, H., Laouar, L.: Genetic Optimization of Decision Tree Choice for Fault Diagnosis in an Industrial Ventilator. In: Fakhfakh, T., Bartelmus, W., Chaari, F., Zimroz, R., Haddar, M. (eds.) Condition Monitoring of Machinery in Non-Stationary Operations, vol. 110 Part III, pp. 277–283. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Stein, G., Chen, B., Wu, A.S., Hua, K.A.: Decision tree classifier for network intrusion detection with GA-based feature selection. In: Proceedings ACM Southeast Regional Conference, Kennesaw, Georgia, USA (2005)Google Scholar
- Zhao, Q., Shirasaka, M.: A Study on Evolutionary Design of Binary Decision Trees. In: Proceedings of the Congress on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, pp. 1988–1993. IEEE (1999)Google Scholar
- Bennett, K., Blue, J.: Optimal decision trees. Tech. Rpt. No. 214 Department of Mathematical Sciences, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- Gehrke, J., Ganti, V., Rama krishnan R., Loh, W.: BOAT- Optimistic Decision Tree Construction. In: Proc. of the ACM SIGMOD Conference on Management of Data, pp. 169–180 (1999)Google Scholar
- Khalafallah, A.: Constructing Near Optimal Binary Decision Tree Classifier Using Genetic Algorithm. International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Technology 1(11), 722–724 (2011)Google Scholar
- Goldberg, D.L.: Genetic Algorithms in Search Optimization, and Machine Learning. Addison- Wesley (1989)Google Scholar