A Large Barrel Distortion in an Acquisition System for Multifocal Images Extraction
This paper presents a new way to use the well-known distortions introduced by the fisheye lens (ultra-wide-angle lenses) and a well-known algorithms for the correction of distortion in order to obtain completely new functionality in supervision and monitoring of video. The suggested way to use the barrel distortion will result in a smoother zooming and allows to achieve the multiple images simultaneously with the same resolution but with a different viewing angle. This feature may vary greatly increase the effectiveness of surveillance application by providing a greater amount of visual data from one camera.
Keywordsbarrel distortion fisheye surveillance systems multiresolution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Seko, Y., Miyake, H., Yamaguchi, Y., Hotta, H.: Optical 3D sensing by a single camera with a lens of large spherical aberration. In: Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing Conference, pp. 179–182 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Pan, Y., Cheng, H.: Hyper-field of view monitoring optical system. In: 2011 10th International Conference on Electronic Measurement and Instruments (ICEMI), vol. 4, pp. 107–109 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Seko, Y., Saguchi, Y., Hotta, H., Miyazaki, J., Koshimizu, H.: Firefly capturing method: Motion capturing by monocular camera with large spherical aberration of lens and Hough-transform-based image processing. In: 18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, ICPR 2006, vol. 4, pp. 821–824 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Fernandes, J.C.A., Ferreira, M.J.O., Neves, J.A.B.C., Couto, C.A.C.: Fast correction of lens distortion for image applications. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics, ISIE 1997, vol. 2, pp. 708–712 (July 1997)Google Scholar
- 6.Bangadkar, S., Dhane, P., Nair, S., Kutty, K.: Mapping matrix for perspective correction from fish eye distorted images. In: International Conference on Recent Trends in Information Technology (ICRTIT), pp. 1288–1292 (2011)Google Scholar