Leakage-Resilient Spatial Encryption
Spatial encryption is a generic public-key cryptosystem where vectors play the role of public keys and secret keys are associated to affine spaces. Any secret key associated to a space can decrypt all ciphertexts encrypted for vectors in that space, and the delegation relation is defined by subspace inclusion. Though several constructions of spatial encryption schemes have been proposed in the literature, none of them are known to remain secure in the leakage-resilient setting, in which the adversary may be capable of learning limited additional information about the master secret key and other secret keys in the system. In this paper, we propose the first spatial encryption scheme achieving leakage resilience in the standard model, based on existing static assumptions over bilinear groups of composite order. Our new scheme is based on the leakageresilient HIBE scheme by Lewko, Rouselakis, and Waters in TCC 2011 and can be seen as a generalization of Moriyama-Doi spatial encryption scheme to the leakage-resilient setting.
KeywordsSpatial encryption leakage resilience
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BFO08]Boldyreva, A., Fehr, S., O’Neill, A.: On Notions of Security for Deterministic Encryption, and Efficient Constructions without Random Oracles. In: Wagner, D. (ed.) CRYPTO 2008. LNCS, vol. 5157, pp. 335–359. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- [BGW05]Boneh, D., Gentry, C., Waters, B.: Collusion Resistant Broadcast Encryption with Short Ciphertexts and Private Keys. In: Shoup, V. (ed.) CRYPTO 2005. LNCS, vol. 3621, pp. 258–275. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- [BKKV10]Brakerski, Z., Kalai, Y.T., Katz, J., Vaikuntanathan, V.: Overcoming the hole in the bucket: Public-key cryptography resilient to continual memory leakage. In: FOCS Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pp. 501–510. IEEE Computer Society (2010)Google Scholar
- [DHLAW10]Dodis, Y., Haralambiev, K., López-Alt, A., Wichs, D.: Cryptography against continuous memory attacks. In: FOCS Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pp. 511–520. IEEE Computer Society Press (2010)Google Scholar
- [LLW11]Lewko, A.B., Lewko, M., Waters, B.: How to leak on key updates. In: 43rd ACM STOC Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pp. 725–734. ACM Press (2011)Google Scholar
- [MD11]Moriyama, D., Doi, H.: A fully secure spatial encryption scheme. IEICE Transactions 94-A(1), 28–35 (2011)Google Scholar