Untangling Public Service Usage for Agribusinesses with Dialogic E-government
- 1.1k Downloads
E-government has raised many expectations to public administration employees, businesses and citizens, regarding the simplification of their transactions. Nonetheless, in practice the provision of electronic services is followed by much complexity in the way they are used. A common phenomenon is the confusion of businesses on various issues connected with public service use, such as which public service to use to cover their needs, whether they are eligible to do so, and which agency they should address to. Therefore, the paper tries to address such issues by presenting a dialogic information service for helping agribusinesses’ employees to find easily appropriate public services for their business needs and using them without having to search relevant legislation or various public agency Web sites. The proposed service comprises a new extension of the pilot system Agroportal, and has been based on the methods and tools of a European project.
KeywordsElectronic government portal technology agribusinesses
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Rodriguez, R., Estevez, E., Giulianelli, D., Vera, P.: Assessing e-Governance Maturity through Municipal Websites Measurement Framework and Survey Results. In: 6th Workshop on Software Engineering, Argentinean Computer Science Conference (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.European Commission Directorate General for Information Society and Media: Smarter, Faster, Better eGovernment. 8th eGovernment Benchmark, http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/eeurope/i2010/docs/benchmarking/egov_benchmark_2009.pdf
- 3.Ntaliani, M., Karetsos, S., Costopoulou, C., Harizanis, P., Kaloudis, S., Passam, H.: Supporting Agricultural E-governance. In: 2nd Conference of The Scientific Council for Information Society on Electronic Democracy Information Society and Citizen’s Rights, pp. 143–151 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Ntaliani, M., Karetsos, S., Costopoulou, C.: Implementing E-government Services for Agriculture: the Case of Greece. In: Isaias, P., McPherson, M., Bannister, F. (eds.) e-Society 2006, pp. 243–249 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Chatzinotas, S., Ntaliani, M., Karetsos, S., Costopoulou, C.: Securing M-government Services: the Case of Agroportal. In: Kushchu, I., Broucki, C., Fitzpatrick, G. (eds.) 2nd European mGovernment Conference, pp. 61–70 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Ntaliani, M., Costopoulou, M., Luccini, M., Sideridis, A.: Collaborative Training for Agricultural Public Authorities for Innovative Provision of Information and Services. In: EFITA/WCCA 2011, pp. 195–203 (2011)Google Scholar