Adaptive Predictive Control of Time-Delay Systems
- 1.3k Downloads
Design of an optimal controller for higher-order systems often leads to complex control algorithms. One of the possibilities of control of such processes is their approximation by a lower-order model with a time-delay (dead time). These time-delay processes can be effectively handled by model-based predictive control (MPC) method. The paper deals with design of an algorithm for adaptive predictive control of higher-order processes which are approximated by a second-order model of the process with a time-delay. The controller was tested and verified by simulation on experimental data from a laboratory model of a heat exchanger.
KeywordsHeat Exchanger Model Predictive Control Predictive Controller Flow Heater Predictive Control Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Mikleš, J., Fikar, M.: Process Modelling, Optimisation and Control. Springer, Berlín (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Rossiter, J.A.: Model Based Predictive Control: a Practical Approach. CRC Press (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Bobál, V., Chalupa, P., Dostál, P., Kubalčík, M.: Design and simulation verification of self-tuning Smith Predictors. International Journal of Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 5, 342–351 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Bobál, V., Böhm, J., Fessl, J., Macháček, J.: Digital Self-tuning Controllers: Algorithms, Implementation and Applications. Springer, London (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Pekař, L., Prokop, R., Dostálek, P.: An anisochronic model of a laboratory heating system. In: Proceedings of 13th WSEAS International Conference on Systems, Rhodes, Greece, pp. 165–172 (2009)Google Scholar