An Exact Algorithm for Likelihood-Based Imprecise Regression in the Case of Simple Linear Regression with Interval Data
Likelihood-based Imprecise Regression (LIR) is a recently introduced approach to regression with imprecise data. Here we consider a robust regression method derived from the general LIR approach and we establish an exact algorithm to determine the set-valued result of the LIR analysis in the special case of simple linear regression with interval data.
KeywordsInterval data likelihood inference robust regression
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cattaneo, M.: Statistical Decisions Based Directly on the Likelihood Function. PhD Thesis, ETH Zurich (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Cattaneo, M., Wiencierz, A.: Robust regression with imprecise data. Technical Report 114, Department of Statistics, LMU Munich (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Cattaneo, M., Wiencierz, A.: Likelihood-based Imprecise Regression. Int. J. Approx. Reason. (preliminary version of the paper is available as Technical Report 116, Department of Statistics, LMU Munich) (accepted)Google Scholar
- 4.R Development Core Team: R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Rousseeuw, P.J., Leroy, A.M.: Robust Regression and Outlier Detection. Wiley (1987)Google Scholar