The Empirical Study on the Relationship of Enterprise Knowledge Source and Innovation Performance
Knowledge is an important expenditure of the enterprise innovation. The knowledge of enterprise innovation originates from the interior production and the exterior knowledge. These two kinds of knowledge sources have different influence on the innovation performance. In this paper based on the data form the questionnaire survey and using DEA, it is measured by the production function. The result indicates that the production efficiency of innovation knowledge is not high for all the sample enterprises. The exterior knowledge, especially coming from the industrial cluster and university knowledge, is seriously wasted and the patent output is very low and so on. In the end, advices are put forward for improving the knowledge innovation performance.
KeywordsKnowledge source Innovation performance DEA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Griliches, Z.: Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey. Journal of Economic Literature 28(4), 1661–1707 (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Acs, Z.J., Audretsch, D.B.: Innovation in Large and Small Firms: An Empirical Analysis. American Economic Review 78(4), 678–690 (1988)Google Scholar
- 5.Conte, A., Vivarelli, M.: One or Many Knowledge Production Functions? Mapping Innovation Activity Using Micro-data. IZA DP Working Paper (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhengzhou, K.: Technological capability, strategic flexibility, and product innovation. Strategic Management Journal 31, 547–561 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Hess, A.M.: When are Assets Complementary? Star Scientists, Strategic Alliances, and Innovation in the Pharmaceutical Industry 32, 895–909 (2011)Google Scholar