The Practice of Physical Training Based on Virtual Trainer Concept
Physical training is considered the best non-pharmacological approach to reduce the incidence of heart diseases and maintain an independent life-style even in old age. The most helpful approach to improve cardiovascular function is aerobic training, independently of exercise mode. Oxidative stress is a metabolic status in which equilibrium between pro-oxidants and anti-oxidants is broken. Virtual Trainer (VT) Concept is a technological platform for the controlled practice of physical training to achieve better cardiovascular fitness results that includes a motivational environment crated to support the long term compliance with the training program.
Keywordsphysical training virtual Trainer cardiovascular fitness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Anderson, R.E., et al.: Effects of lifestyle activity vs. structured aerobic exercise in obese women. JAMA 281, 335 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.My Heart IST-2002-507816 project (2004), Information available in, http://www.cordis.lu/ist
- 7.Precor Incorporated (2005), http://www.precor.com
- 8.Lauter, J.: My Heart project Deliverable D2: Concepts Realisation Plan & State-of-the-Art (2004); Available on request to My Heart project coordinatorGoogle Scholar
- 9.Hewlett Packard Development Company (2005), http://www.hp.com
- 10.Microsoft Visual Studio Developer Centre (2005), http://www.msdm.microsoft.com/vstudio/default.aspx
- 12.Sastre, J., Asensi, M., Gasco, E., Pallardo, F.V., Ferrero, J.A., Furukawa, T., Vina, J.: Exhaustive physical exercise causes oxidation of glutathione status in blood: prevention by antioxidant administration. Am. J. Physiol. 263(5 Pt 2), 992–995 (1992)Google Scholar