A Hand Geometry Biometric Identification System Utilizing Modular Neural Networks with Fuzzy Integration
The present work deals with the problem of identifying individuals from a database, and in so doing utilizing measurements taken from handpalm images. The techniques utilized for performing identifications are mainly those of artificial neural networks, which work upon the data through the use of two modular neural networks, one which is concerned solely with the handpalm image, another with the measurements taken thereof. Outputs from these two networks are integrated through a fuzzy inference system. Subsequent work will comprise improvement of the obtained results.
KeywordsBiometry Fuzzy Logic Modular Neural Networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Guo, Z.: Online Multispectral Palmprint Recognition. Thesis, Hong Kong Polytechnic University (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Jang, R., Tsai-Sun, C., Mizutani, E.: Neuro-Fuzzy and Soft Computing, 1st edn. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Kong, A., Zhang, D., Kamel, M.: A survey of palmprint recognition. In: Pattern Recognition, vol. 42, pp. 1408–1418. Elsevier (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Kumar, A., Zhang, D.: Biometric recognition using entropy-based discretization. In: Proceedings of 2007 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics Speech and Signal Processing, pp. 125–128 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Luger, G., Stubblefield, W.: Artificial Intelligence, 3rd edn. Structures and strategies for complex problem solving. Addison Wesley, Reading (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Öden, C., Erçil, A., Yldz, V.T., Krmzta, H., Büke, B.: Hand Recognition Using Implicit Polynomials and Geometric Features. In: Bigun, J., Smeraldi, F. (eds.) AVBPA 2001. LNCS, vol. 2091, pp. 336–341. Springer, Heidelberg (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.PolyU Multispectral Palmprint Database, http://www4.comp.polyu.edu.hk/Ebiometrics/MultispectralPalmprint/MSP_files (accessed October 2011)
- 8.Rojas, R.: Neural Networks - A Systematic Introduction. Springer, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Zunkel, R.: Hand geometry based authentication. In: Jain, A.K., Bolle, R., Pankanti, S. (eds.) Biometrics: Personal Identification in Networked Society. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston (1998)Google Scholar