Biorefinery Virtual Lab-Integrating E-learning Techniques and Theoretical Learning
E-learning is one of the emerging needs of the information age. Therefore a lot of potential is seen in distance learning development. Virtual environment interface to E-learning systems have recently appeared on the Internet. With the addition of online laboratories, it is possible that the applications appear to be promising to E-learning tasks more nature and interactive. In this paper a web page with a virtual laboratory about biorefinery and biomass valorization has been developed in order to make closer the world of academic research and the graduate students learning. Biorefinery represents an excellent object of study in many scientific applied disciplines because it integrates many biomass transformation processes of different knowledge areas. The software application supplies both theoretical and practical information on all the fields covering the biorefinery concept, and the possibility of interacting with the instrumentation typical of this subject by means of simulating it ( http://www.uco.es/docencia/grupos/laboratoriovirtualceia3 ). Virtual laboratory realized the concept of the openness and sharing of teaching resources, promoting the development of quality education, creative and continuing education.
Keywordsbiorefinery e-learning virtual laboratory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bates, T.: Managing Technological Change: Strategies for College and University Leaders (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Communication from the Commission to the Council and the European Parliament: The e-Learning Action Plan, E. C. (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Diwakar, S., et al.: Biotechnology virtual labs- Integrating wet-lab techniques and theoretical learning for enhanced learning at universities. In: International Conference on Data Storage and Data Engineering (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Fischer, G.: Meta-Design: Beyond User-Centered and Participatory Design. In: Proceedings of HCI International, Greece (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Jimenez, P.M., et al.: Telematic Training via a website of technicians in work-related risk prevention. In: 2st International Conference on Computer Supported Education, Valencia, Spain (2010)Google Scholar