Detecting Defects of Steel Slabs Using Symbolic Regression
The quality of products of heavy industries plays an important role because of further usage of such products, e.g. bad quality of steel ingots can lead to a poor quality of metal plates and following wastrels in such processes, where these metal plates are consumed. Of course, single and relatively small mistake at the beginning of a complex process of product manufacturing can lead to great finance losses. This article describes a method of defects detection and quality prediction of steel slabs, which is based on soft-computing methods. The proposed method helps us to identify possible defects of slabs still in the process of their manufacturing. Experiment with real data illustrates applicability of the method.
KeywordsQuality prediction Symbolic Regression Data Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Fang, H., Ross, P., Corne, D.: Genetic algorithms for timetabling and scheduling (1994), http://www.asap.cs.nott.ac.uk/ASAP/ttg/resources.html
- 2.Goldberg, D.E.: Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning. Addison-Wesley (1989)Google Scholar
- 5.Juzoji, H., Nakajima, I., Kitano, T.: A development of network topology of wireless packet communications for disaster situation with genetic algorithms or with dijkstra’s. In: ICC, pp. 1–5 (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Melanie, M.: An Introduction to Genetic Algorithms. A Bradford Book. MIT Press (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Melanie, M., Forrest, S.: Genetic algorithms and artificial life. Santa Fe Institute, working Paper 93-11-072 (1994)Google Scholar
- 9.Park, B.J., Choi, H.R.: A genetic algorithm for integration of process planning and scheduling in a job shop. In: Australian Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 647–657 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Sedighi, K.H., Manikas, T.W., Ashenayi, K., Wainwright, R.L.: A genetic algorithm for autonomous navigation using variable-monotone paths. I. J. Robotics and Automation 24(4) (2009)Google Scholar
- 11.Tsang, E.P.K., Warwick, T.: Applying genetic algorithms to constraints satisfaction optimization problems. In: Proc. of 9th European Conf. on AI, Aiello L.C. (1990)Google Scholar
- 12.Wainwright, R.L.: Introduction to genetic algorithms theory and applications. In: The Seventh Oklahoma Symposium on Artificial Intelligence (November 1993)Google Scholar