Challenge Social Innovation: An Introduction
The introduction to the book provides information about the coordinates and intentions of the Challenge Social Innovation Conference that took place in September 2011 in Vienna. This conference was the principal background and framework of the book presented here. The introduction highlights the focal points of the authors invited to contribute to this book.
KeywordsSocial Practice Social Enterprise Social Entrepreneurship Service Innovation Social Innovation
- BEPA (Bureau of European Policy Advisers). (2010). Empowering people, driving change: Social innovation in the European Union. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.Google Scholar
- BEPA (Bureau of European Policy Advisers). (2011). Empowering people, driving change: Social innovation in the European Union. Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union.Google Scholar
- Conger, S. (1974). Social inventions. Prince Albert: Saskatchewan Newstart.Google Scholar
- European Commission (2010). The European eGovernment Action Plan 2011–2015, COM(2010) 743, December.Google Scholar
- Franz, H. W. (1994). Manual social crisis management in the coal and steel industries. In: the Commission of the European Union, with a foreword by Padraig Flynn (Ed.), European models and experiences. Brussels/Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union (also available in French, German and Spanish).Google Scholar
- Franz, H. W. (2010). Quality management is ongoing social innovation. In K. Müller, S. Roth, & M. Žák (Eds.), Social dimension of innovation, 2010 (pp. 115–130). Prague: CES Centre for Economic Studies (College of Economics and Management).Google Scholar
- Gershuny, J. (1983). Social innovation and the division of labour. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Hochgerner, J. (2011a). Die Analyse sozialer Innovationen als gesellschaftliche Praxis. In: Zentrum für Soziale Innovation (Ed.), Pendeln zwischen Wissenschaft und Praxis. ZSI-Beiträge zu sozialen Innovationen (pp. 173–189). Vienna and Berlin: LIT.Google Scholar
- Hochgerner, J. (2011b). The analysis of social innovations as social practice. In: bridges vol. 30, July 2011, http://www.ostina.org/content/view/5708/1505/. Accessed 25 July 2011.
- Howaldt, J., Schwarz, M. (2010). Social innovation: Concepts, research fields and international trends, http://www.internationalmonitoring.com/research/trend_studies/social_innovation.html. Accessed 3 April 2012.
- Mulgan, G., Tucker, S., Ali, R., & Sander, B. (2007). Social innovation: What it is, why it matters and how can it be accelerated. Oxford: Skoll Centre for Social Entrepreneurship.Google Scholar
- SIX (Social Innovation exChange at the Young Foundation) (2010). Study on social innovation, http://www.youngfoundation.org/files/images/tudy_on_Social_Innovation_22_February_2010_0.pdf. Accessed 28 Feb 2012.
- Swedberg, R., Knudsen, T. (2010). Schumpeter 2.0. In: The American (online Journal of the American Enterprise Institute). http://american.com/archive/2010/June-2010/schumpeter-2.0. Accessed 9 Feb 2012.