The paper presents PSI-Toolkit, a set of text processing tools, being developed within a project funded by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education. The toolkit serves two objectives: to deliver a set of advanced text processing tools (with the focus set on the Polish language) for experienced language engineers and to help linguists without any technological background learn using linguistics toolkits. The paper describes how the second objective can be achieved: First, a linguist, thanks to PSI-Toolkit, becomes a conscious user of NLP tools. Next, he designs his own NLP applications.
KeywordsTagging Classification and Parsing of Text NLP Toolkits
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jassem, K., Gralinski, F., Junczys-Dowmunt, M.: PSI-toolkit: A Natural Language Processing Pipeline. Computational Linguistics - Application. Springer, Heidelberg (to appear)Google Scholar
- 2.Wiesser, M.: Essential progamming for lingusts. Edinburgh University Press Ltd, Edinburgh (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.The Stanford Natural Language Processing Group, http://nlp.stanford.edu/software/corenlp.shtml
- 4.Apache UIMA, http://uima.apache.org/
- 6.NLTK, http://www.nltk.org/
- 7.GATE, http://gate.ac.uk/
- 8.Apertium, http://www.apertium.org
- 9.Apertium format handling, http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Format_handling
- 10.PSI-Toolkit portal, http://psi-toolkit.wmi.amu.edu.pl
- 12.Morfologik, http://morfologik.blogspot.com/