Adaptation of Asymptotic Trust Algorithm
Internet is a great medium that allows us to share knowledge with people from all over the world. On the other hand, information from the internet is unreliable because one cannot tell whether it was provided by an expert or a novice. In many cases it does not matter because everybody has the right to his/her opinion about for example a video clip. However there are situations when the credibility of the information is vitally important. Often one wants to find a solution to an important problem, therefore she/he needs some method to ignore jokes, spam and wrong answers by unexperienced users and consider only credible answers.We have designed Asymptotic Trust Algorithm (ATA) to manage users’ reputation in customer-to-customer environment like auction sites. In this paper we present an adaptation of ATA which allows to managed reputation of users of internet forums. We belive that our method will be useful for every internet forum which cares about reliability.
Keywordsreputation system trust management method internet forums
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Commerce, B.E., Josang, A., Ismail, R.: The beta reputation system. In: Proceedings of the 15th Bled Electronic Commerce Conference (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.DeFigueiredo, D., Barr, E.T., Wu, S.F.: Trust Is in the Eye of the Beholder. In: CSE, vol. (3), pp. 100–108 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Huynh, T.D., Jennings, N.R., Shadbolt, N.R.: Fire: An integrated trust and reputation model for open multi-agent systems. In: Proceedings of the 16th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, ECAI, pp. 18–22 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Leszczyński, K.: Asymptotic Trust Algorithm: Extension for reputation systems in online auctions. In: KKNTPD 2010 - III Krajowa Konferencja Naukowa Technologie Przetwarzania Danych (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.Schlosser, A., Voss, M., Brückner, L.: On the simulation of global reputation systems. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation 9 (2005), http://ideas.repec.org/a/jas/jasssj/2005-13-2.html
- 14.All Experts Questions and Answers. A directory of subjects with volunteer experts to answer posted questions, http://www.allexperts.com/
- 15.phpbb. PhpBB is a free flat-forum bulletin board software solution, http://www.phpbb.com/
- 16.Stack Overflow. A language-independent collaboratively edited question and answer site for programmers, http://stackoverflow.com/
- 17.WikiAnswers. Questions and answers in a shared, wiki format, http://answers.com/
- 18.Yahoo! Answers. Yahoo! Answers is a place where people ask and answer questions on any topic, http://answers.yahoo.com/