Cost-Sensitive Splitting and Selection Method for Medical Decision Support System
- 1.2k Downloads
The paper presents a cost-sensitive modification of the Adaptive Splitting and Selection (AdaSS) algorithm, which trains a combined classifier based on a feature space partitioning. In this study the algorithm considers constraints put on the cost of selected features, which are one of the key-problems in the clinical decision support systems. The modified version takes into consideration both the overall classification accuracy and the cost constraints, returning balanced solution for the problem at hand. Proposed method was evaluated on the basis of computer experiments run on cost-sensitive medical benchmark datasets.
Keywordsmachine learning multiple classifier system cost-sensitive classification clustering and selection evolutionary algorithm feature selection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alpaydin, E.: Introduction to Machine Learning, 2nd edn. The MIT Press (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Frank, A., Asuncion, A.: UCI machine learning repository (2010), http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml
- 7.Kuncheva, L.I.: Combining Pattern Classifiers: Methods and Algorithms. Wiley-Interscience (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Núñez, M.: The use of background knowledge in decision tree induction. Mach. Learn. 6(3), 231–250 (1991)Google Scholar
- 11.Núñez, M.: Economic induction: A case study. In: EWSL, pp. 139–145 (1988)Google Scholar
- 13.Peng, Y.H., Huang, Q., Jiang, P., Jiang, J.: Cost-Sensitive Ensemble of Support Vector Machines for Effective Detection of Microcalcification in Breast Cancer Diagnosis. In: Wang, L., Jin, Y. (eds.) FSKD 2005, Part II. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 3614, pp. 483–493. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.Tan, M., Schlimmer, J.C.: Cost-sensitive concept learning of sensor use in approach and recognition. In: Proceedings of the Sixth International Workshop on Machine Learning, pp. 392–395. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San Francisco (1989)Google Scholar
- 15.R Development Core Team. R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria (2008)Google Scholar
- 17.Wozniak, M., Krawczyk, B.: Combined classifier based on feature space partitioning. Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science 22(4) (in press, to appear, 2012)Google Scholar
- 18.Wozniak, M., Zmyslony, M.: Combining classifiers using trained fuser - analytical and experimental results. Neural Network World 13(7), 925–934 (2010)Google Scholar