Access Control Based on Location and Time
We propose an access control model that works like three factor authentication for getting access to our system. This system takes time and location into account to specify access control policies. We also discuss implementation techniques for location and time based policy specifications and the integration of these policies in standalone applications. This model enhances current security applications granting access to sensible information and privileges to execute orders only to entities that are in a trusted location with predefined time. Moreover this system authenticate authorized user but also time and location of the authorized user in both way i.e through GSM & GPS. The declarative nature of the model facilitates the analysis of policies and the evaluation of access requests: we present one case-study for clear understanding. This paper shows how computer and network security can be substantially improved through a new form of authentication based on geodetic location parameter received from GPS/ GSM along with the constraint of time.
KeywordsCryptography Encryption Location based security GPS GSM Biometric
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Denning, D.E., MacDoran, P.F.: Location-Based Authentication: Grounding Cyberspace for Better Security. In: Proceedings of the Computer Fraud and Security. Elsevier Science Ltd. (February 1996)Google Scholar
- 2.Scott, L., Denning, D.: Location Based Encryption Technique and some of its Applications. In: Proceeding of ION NTM 2003 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Jarusombat, S., Kittitornkun, S.: Digital Signature on Mobile Devices based on Location. In: International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies, ISCIT 2006, APOS, pp. 866–870 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Liao, H.C., Chao, Y.H.: A new data encryption algorithm based on the location of mobile users. Information Technology Journal 7(1) (2008) ISSN 1812-5638Google Scholar
- 5.Liao, H.C., Lee, P.C., Chao, Y.H., Chen, C.L.: A Location-Dependent Data Encryption Approach for Enhancing Mobile Information System Security. In: The 9th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT 2007), Phoenix Park, Korea, February 12-14, pp. 625–628 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhou, J., Alshamsi, A.: GSM World statistics. GSM Association (2010) (retrieved June 08, 2010)Google Scholar
- 7.GSM Technical Data, Cellular.co.za (retrieved August 30, 2010) Google Scholar
- 8.Two Billion GSM Customers Worldwide. 3G Americas (June 13, 2006) (retrieved January 08, 2007) Google Scholar
- 9.Wang, S., Min, J., Yi, B.K.: Location Based Services for Mobiles: Technologies and Standards. In: IEEE International Conference on Communication (ICC), Beijing, China (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Qiu, D.: Security Analysis of Geoencryption: A Case Study Using Loran. In: Proceedings of the 20th International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of The Institute of Navigation, ION GNSS (2007)Google Scholar