Integration Model for Multiple Types of Spatial and Non Spatial Databases
Integration process of a various information in various database types requires a thorough understanding to carry out data extraction process in terms of its scheme and the structure. Due to this, a new model should be developed to resolve the integration process of this heterogeneous information in various database types and in various scattered and distributed locations. SIDIM is a model which covered processes such as pre-integration, scheme comparison, algorithm and intermediary software (middleware) development process and as well as post-integration. Emphasis are administered in algorithm development by using hybrid approach based on CLARANS approach’s combination, abstract visualization and Catch Per Unit Effort (CPUE) to enable to achieve the required processed data or information in a quick, trusted and reliable manner. SIDIM will become a new engine to process information in various database types without changing any of the existing (legacy) organization system. To verify this model credibility, the case study related to fishing industry in Malaysia and artificial reef project are being made as a foundation for SIDIM efficiency testing.
KeywordsSpatial Information Databases Integration Model (SIDIM) Integration Database CLARANS Model Abstract Visualization Catch per Unit effort (CPUE)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ougouti, N.S., Belbachir, H., Amghar, Y., Benharkat, N.A.: Integration of Heterogeneous Data Sources. Journal of Applied Sciences 10(29), 2923–2928 (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Elmasri, R., Navathe, S.: Fundamental of Database System, 5th edn. Addison Wesley (2006) ISBN: 0321369572Google Scholar
- 3.Abitebouly, S., Cluety, S., Milo, T., Mogilevskyz, P., Siméony, J., Zoharz, S.S.: Tools for Data Translation and Integration. Bulletin of the IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Data Engineering (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Ismail, W., Joseph, K.S.: Future IT trends for GIS/Spatial Information Management. Scientific Research and Essay 5(10), 1025–1032 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Patrick, Z., Klaus, R.: Three decades of data integration-All problems solved? In: IFIP Congress Topical Sessions 2004, pp. 3–12 (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Kim, J., Peng, Y., Ivezic, N., Shin, J.: An Optimization Approach for Semantic-based XML Schema Matching. International Journal of Trade, Economics and Finance 2(1), 2010-023X (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Mustafa, M., Yazid, M.S.M., Maizura, M.N., Khalid, S.: GIS spatial data visualization tools for artificial reefs distribution. In: The 3rd International Conference on Mathematics and Statistics (ICoMS-3) Proceeding 2008, pp. 25–38 (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Stephans, A., MacCall, A.: A multispecies approach to sub setting logbook data for purposes of estimating CPUE. Journal of Fisheries Research, 299–310 (2004)Google Scholar