Behavior Selection Algorithm for Personal Service Robots Using Intelligence Operating Architecture
Personal service robots assisting humans in daily life are expected to provide a user-oriented service . To meet this expectation, there has been much research on behavior selection algorithms for the proper service. The action selection method was proposed to activate a most appropriate action in a certain situation . The behavior selection method for artificial creatures considering both internal and external situation was proposed . A system using episodic memory (EM) was developed to supervise user’s daily activities .
KeywordsEpisodic Memory Semantic Similarity Semantic Memory Decision Making Module Behavior Selection
- 1.Copleston, S.N., Bugmann, G.: Personal Robot User Expectations. Robotics and Intell. Syst. Technical Report 08-01 (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Roncanciom, C., Rodriguez, J.L., Zalama, E., Gomez, G.-B.J.: Improvement in service robot’s interaction through case based reasoning. In: 2010 Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Networks, Spain, pp. 1–7 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Delgodo, M., Vila, A.: A system to supervise behaviours using temporal and sensor information. In: 2010 IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Syst., Spain, pp. 1–8 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Kim, J.-H., Choi, S.-H., Park, I.-W., Zaheer, S.A.: Intelligence Technologies for Robots That Think. IEEE Comput. Intell. Mag. (under review, 2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Jiang, J.J., Conrath, D.W.: Semantic Similarity Based on Corpus Statistics and Lexical Taxonomy. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. Res. on Comput. Linguist., Taiwan (1997)Google Scholar