Control of a Compass Gait Biped Robot Based on Partial Feedback Linearization
This paper deals with the control of a passivity based walking biped robot on a level surface using partial feedback linearization technique. A stable reference trajectory is generated from the Lagrangian dynamics of the biped robot and it is shown that the under actuated robot can follow the stable limit cycle trajectory using a control law based on partial feedback linearization approach. A comparison of the above approach with the conventional feedback linearization technique in terms of the Mean Square Error (MSE) is also carried out. Simulation of the forward walking is done on a compass like model of the biped robot.
KeywordsBiped compass model control feedback linearization partial feedback linearization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhou, C., Yue, P.K., Ni, J., Chan, S.-B.: Dynamically stable gait planning for a humanoid robot to climb sloping surface. In: Proc. of the 2004 IEEE Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics, Singapore, pp. 341–346 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, J., Chen, W.: Modeling and control for a biped robot on uneven surfaces. In: Proc. of Joint 48th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control and 28th Chinese Control Conference, Shanghai, P.R. China, pp. 2960–2965 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Kajita, S., Morisawa, M., Miura, K., Nakaoka, S., Harada, K., Kaneko, K., Kanehiro, F., Yokoi, K.: Biped walking stabilization based on linear inverted pendulum tracking. In: Proc. of the 2010 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Taipei, Taiwan, pp. 4489–4496 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Honda Corporation, ASIMO robot, http://asimo.honda.com/
- 11.Chemori, A., Loria, A.: Walking control strategy for a planar under-actuated biped robot based on optimal reference trajectories and partial feedback linearization. In: Proc. of 4th International Workshop on Robot Motion and Control, pp. 61–66 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Asano, F.: Stability analysis of underactuated bipedal gait using linearized model. In: Proc. of 11th IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, pp. 282–287 (2011)Google Scholar
- 14.Chen, H., Tian, Y., Li, J., Huang, X.: Modelling and analysis for passive dynamic walker with controlled flat feet. In: Proc. of 8th IEEE Int. Conf. on Contr. and Automat, Xiamen, China, pp. 739–744 (2010)Google Scholar