Towards Effective Social Network System Implementation
In this paper we present our latest research in the area of social network system implementation. Both business and technological aspects of social network system development is considered. There are many tools, languages and methods for developing large-size software systems and architectures represented by social network systems. However, no research has been done yet to uncover reason behind the selection and usage of such systems in terms of choosing the right architecture and data storage.We describe effective approach of developing specific parts of social network systems with special attention to data layer (using Hadoop, HBase and Apache Cassandra) which forms basis of any social network system and is highly demanding for performance and scalability.
KeywordsSocial Network Master Node Social Network Service Hadoop Distribute File System Mobile Social Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gamification, http://gamification.org
- 2.Takeplace – an Event Management System, http://takeplace.eu
- 4.Škrabálek, J., Tokárová, L., Slabý, J., Pitner, T.: Integrated Approach in Management and Design of Modern Web-Based Services. In: Information Systems Development. Springer, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.White, T.: Hadoop: The Denitive Guide. O’Reilly Media (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Lakshma, A., Malik, P.: Cassandra - A Decentralized Structured Storage SystemGoogle Scholar
- 8.Echague, P., McCall, N., et al.: Hector – A high level Java client for Apache Cassandra, http://hector-client.github.com/hector/build/html/index.html
- 9.Beust, C., et al.: TestNG testing framework, http://testng.org/doc/index.html