14:00 Change Management: CM
Change management may decide about the fate of a project Change management process shall secure the coordinated efficient evaluation and cost efficient implementation of the changes necessary for the final project results delivery up to order with configuration update which secure future operations. The process of change handling entity: recommended Change Management Board (CMB) shall consciously evaluate all change requests, group them, initiate the competent evaluation of costs and impact, if justified – realize the changes and control their implementation. Change Management process is also the only one to fully control and update the configuration.
Examples of Templates, Checklists and Bibliography close the Chapter.
Quick look at the beginning of the Chapter that gives cornerstone assessment of the process is presented here.
KeywordsChange Management Initiation Phase Efficient Change Change Request Request Management
- HERMES 2003 (2003) Führen und Abwickeln von Projekten in der Informations- und Kommunikationstechnik; Informatiksteuerungsorgan Bund ISB, BernGoogle Scholar
- ISO 10007:2003 (2003) Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Configuration Management, ICS 03.120.10, ISO GenevaGoogle Scholar
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 (2011) Information technology-service management – part 1: service management system requirements. ICS 03.080.99; 35.020. ISO, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- ISO 21500:2012 (2012) Guidance on project management, ICS 03.100.40, ISO GenevaGoogle Scholar
- Phillips J (2010) IT project management: on track from start to finish, 3rd edn. McGraw-Hill, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Phillips J, Gully SM (2011) Organisational behavior. South-Western, Cengage Learning MasonGoogle Scholar