18:00 Balanced Scorecard: BSC
Balanced Scorecard is for integral and overall assessment of the whole project comprising of the current project results and the project course. It is the only process which in a balanced way integrates all the project impact factors and allows the comprehensive overall project evaluation. The Kaplan and Norton Balanced Scorecard and German Project Excellence models are thoroughly presented and mutually compared. An example of project balanced scorecard is given.
Examples of Templates, Checklists and Bibliography close the Chapter.
Quick look at the beginning of the Chapter that gives cornerstone assessment of the process is presented here.
KeywordsBalance Scorecard Financial Perspective Project Team Member Perspective Objective Objective Achievement
- HERMES 2003 (2003) Führen und Abwickeln von Projekten in der Informations- und Kommunikationstechnik; Informatiksteuerungsorgan Bund ISB, BernGoogle Scholar
- ISO 21500:2012 (2012) Guidance on project management, ICS 03.100.40, ISO GenevaGoogle Scholar
- Kaplan S, Norton DP (1992) The balanced scorecard- measures that drive performance. Harvard Business Review Vol. 70 No. 1. Harvard Business, BostonGoogle Scholar
- Kühn R, Fankhauser K (1996/2009) Marktforschung: Ein Arbeitsbuch für das Marketing-Management. Verlag Paul Haupt, Bern/Stuttgart/WienGoogle Scholar
- Phillips JJ, Bothell TW, Snead GL (2012) The project management scorecard. Routledge, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Project Excellence (2013) The PE Model, IMPA, BD Nijkerk. http://ipma.ch/awards/project-excellence/the-pe-model. Accessed 8 Feb 2013