The Concept of Parametric Index for Ranked Web Service Retrieval
Finding relevant services from a service collection which satisfy potential user query is crucial problem in Service–Oriented Computing. Parametric searching seem to be one of the basic features of Service Retrieval however there is lack of methods supporting this possibility. In this chapter we suggest a new approach to Service Retrieval of both SOAP and RESTful Web services. The usage of parametric index enables users to retrieve ranked results in accordance with specific parameters of a service. In our approach we distinguish components based on service structure which are later considered as index parameters. Because the size of such a indices is significantly big our approach uses the method of conceptual indexing which allows to reduce index size by grouping relevant service components. Additionally, for the purpose of search performance improvement for parametric index we introduce merged weight vector. Our research is supported with implementations of proposed approach by which we conducted preliminary experiments. Experimental results confirm that the proposed approach significantly reduces the index size and improves search performance of parametric service retrieval.
KeywordsQuery Term Vector Space Model Vector Group Parametric Index Relevant Service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Al Masri, E., Mahmoud, Q.H.: Investigating web services on the world wide web. In: The 17th International Conference on WWW, pp. 795–804. Springer, Beijing (2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Czyszczoń, A., Zgrzywa, A.: An artificial neural network approach to RESTful Web services identification, pp. 175–184. Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Wrocławskiej (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Latarche, N., Wang, J.: Apparatus and method for parametric group processing. Patent No.: US 7,461,085 B2 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Manning, C.D., Raghavan, P., Schutze, H.: Introduction to Information Retrieval. Cambridge University Press, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Booth, D., et al.: Web services architecture. W3C Working Group Note, February 11, World Wide Web Consortium (2004), http://www.w3.org/TR/ws-arch/
- 6.Erl, T., et al.: SOA Governance: Governing Shared Services On-Premise and in the Cloud. Prentice-Hall (2011)Google Scholar
- 7.Pautasso, C., Zimmermann, O., Leymann, F.: Restful web services vs. big web services: Making the right architectural decision. In: 17th International WWW Conference, Beijing (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.Peng, D.: Automatic Conceptual Indexing of Web Services and Its Application to Service Retrieval. In: Jin, H., Rana, O.F., Pan, Y., Prasanna, V.K. (eds.) ICA3PP 2007. LNCS, vol. 4494, pp. 290–301. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Richardson, L., Ruby, S.: RESTful Web Services: Web Services fot the Real World. O’Reilly Media, Inc., Sebastopol (2007)Google Scholar