Top-k Most Incremental Location Selection with Capacity Constraint
Bichromatic reverse nearest neighbor (BRNN) based query uses the number of reverse nearest customers to model the influence of a facility location. The query has great potential for real life applications and receives considerable attentions from spatial database studies. In real world, facilities are inevitably constrained by designed capacities. When the needs of service increase, facilities in those booming areas may suffer from overloading. In this paper, we study a new kind of BRNN related query. It aims at finding most promising candidate locations to increase the overall service quality. To efficiently answer the query, we propose an O(nlogn) algorithm using pruning techniques and spatial indices. To evaluate the efficiency of proposed algorithm, we conduct extensive experiments on both real and synthetic datasets. The results show our algorithm has superior performance over the basic solution.
Keywordscapacity constraint location selection BRNN spatial database
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huang, J., Wen, Z.: Top-k most influential locations selection. In: CIKM 2011 (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Jianzhong, Q., Rui, Z.: The min-dist location selection query. In: ICDE 2012 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Korn, F.: Influence sets based on reverse nearest neighbor queries. SIGMOD Rec. (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Leong Hou, U.: Capacity constrained assignment in spatial databases. In: SIGMOD 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Stanoi, I.: Discovery of influence sets in frequently updated databases. In: VLDB 2001 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Wong, R.C.-W., Özsu, M.T.: Efficient method for maximizing bichromatic reverse nearest neighbor. Proc. VLDB Endow. (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Wong, R.C.-W., Tao, Y.: On efficient spatial matching. In: VLDB 2007 (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Xia, T., Zhang, D.: On computing top-t most influential spatial sites. In: VLDB 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Zhang: Progressive computation of the min-dist optimal-location query. In: VLDB 2006 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Zhou, Z., Wu, W.: Maxfirst for maxbrknn. In: ICDE (2011)Google Scholar