Applying the System Concept
The application of the system concept to complex matters and, in particular, to complex engineering projects, is often understood in terms of a couple of intermediate processes, as shown in Table A5.1.
KeywordsFunctional Element System Concept Complex Object System Thinking Object Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Checkland, P.: Systems Thinking, Systems Practice. John Wiley & Sons, New York (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Senge, P.M.: The fifth Discipline: The Art and Practice of the Learning Organization. Doubleday/Currency, New York (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Warfield, J.N.: An Introduction to Systems Science. World Science Publishing (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Ramo, S., St.Clair, R.K.: The Systems Approach. TRW Inc. (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Ryan, A.: What is a Systems Approach? Journal of Non-linear Science (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Systems Engineering Handbook, v. 3.2. INCOSE (January 2010), sec.3.3 Google Scholar