Testing an Agent Based E-Novel System – Role Based Approach
Agent Oriented Software Engineering(AOSE) methodologies are meant for providing guidelines, notations, terminologies and techniques for developing agent based systems. Several AOSE methodologies were proposed and almost no methodology deals with testing issues, stating that the testing can be carried out using the existing object-oriented testing techniques. Though objects and agents have some similarities, they both differ widely. Role is an important mental attribute/state of an agent. The main objective of the paper is to propose a role based testing technique that suits specifically for an agent based system. To demonstrate the proposed testing technique, an agent based E-novel system has been developed using Multi agent System Engineering (MaSE) methodology. The developed system is tested using the proposed role based approach and found that the results are encouraging.
KeywordsAgent-Oriented Software Engineering Multi-Agent System Role based testing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shoham, Y.: Agent oriented programming (Technical Report STAN-CS-90-1335) Stanford University: Computer Science Department (1994)Google Scholar
- 4.Henderson-Sellers, B., Giorgini, P.: Agent-Oriented methodologies. Idea Group Inc. (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Nguyen, D.C., Perini, A., Tonella, P.: A Goal-Oriented Software Testing Methodology. In: Luck, M., Padgham, L. (eds.) AOSE VIII. LNCS, vol. 4951, pp. 58–72. Springer, Heidelberg (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Henderson, B., Giorgini, P.: The Gaia Methodology for Agent-Oriented Analysis and Design Autonomous Agent and Multi-Agent Systems, vol. 3, pp. 285–312. Kluwer Academic Publishers (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Wood, M.F.: Multiagent system engineering: A methodology for analysis and design of muti-agent systems. Master thesis, School of Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, USA (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Xu, H., Zhang, X., Patel, R.J.: Developing Role-Based Open Multi-Agent Software Systems. International Journal of Computational Theory and Practice 2(1) (June 2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Kumar, M.: Roles and Ontology for Agent Systems. Global Journal of Computer Science and Technology 11(23), Version 1.0 (December 2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Padhagam, L., WinikOff, M.: Developing Intelligent Agent Systems A practical guide. RMIT University, MelbourneGoogle Scholar