Investigation on the Probability of Ferroresonance Phenomenon Occurrence in Distribution Voltage Transformers Using ATP Simulation
Ferroresonance is a complex non-linear electrical phenomenon that can make thermal and dielectric problems to the electric power equipment. Ferroresonance causes overcurrents and overvoltages which is dangerous for electrical equipment. In this paper, ferroresonance investigation will be carried out for the 33kV/110V VT at PMU Kota Kemuning, Malaysia using ATP-EMTP simulation. Different preconditions of ferroresonance modes were simulated to ascertain possible ferroresonance conditions in reality compare with simulated values. The effect of changing the values of series capacitor is considered. The purpose of this series of simulations is to determine the range of the series capacitance value within which the ferroresonance is likely to occur.
KeywordsFerroresonance EMTP Voltage Transformers Over-voltages Over-currents
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ferracci, P.: Ferroresonance (2012), http://www.schneiderelectric.com.au/sites/australia/en/customers/designers/designers.page
- 3.Li, H., Fan, Y., Shi, R.: Chaos and ferroresonance. In: Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, CCECE 2006, pp. 494–497 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Mokryani, G., Haghifam, M.R., Latafat, H., Aliparast, P., Abdollahy, A.: Analysis of ferroresonance in a 20kv distribution network. In: 2009 2nd International Conference on Power Electronics and Intelligent Transportation System, PEITS, vol. 1, pp. 31–35 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Rezaei-Zare, A., Mohseni, H., Sanaye-Pasand, M., Farhangi, S., Iravani, R.: Performance of various magnetic core models in comparison with the laboratory test results of a ferroresonance test on a 33 kv voltage transformer. In: Power Engineering Society General Meeting, p. 8. IEEE (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Tong, Z.E.: Ferroresonance experience in uk: Simulations and measurements. In: Power System Transients, IPST (2001)Google Scholar