Transform for Simplified Weight Computations in the Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process
A simplified procedure for weight computations from the pair-wise comparison matrices of triangular fuzzy numbers in the fuzzy analytic hierarchy process is proposed. A transform T:R3→R1 has been defined for mapping the triangular fuzzy numbers to equivalent crisp values. The crisp values have been used for eigenvector computations in a manner analogous to the computations of the original AHP method. The objective is to retain both the ability to capture and deal with inherent uncertainties of subjective judgments, which is the strength of fuzzy modeling and the simplicity, intuitive appeal, and power of conventional AHP which has made it a very popular decision making tool.
KeywordsFuzzy AHP Triangular Fuzzy Number Fuzzy Synthetic Extent Weight Vector Eigenvector Decision Making Optimization Decision Making
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Saaty, T.L.: Decision Making for Leaders: The Analytic Hierarchy Process for Decisions in a Complex World. Wadsworth, Belmont (1982)Google Scholar
- 5.Haas, R., Meixner, O.: An Illustrated Guide to the Analytic Hierarchy Process (2006), http://www.fakr.noaa.gov/sustainablefisheries/sslmc/july-06/ahptutorial.pdf (accessed April 27, 2012)
- 10.Kauffman, A., Gupta, M.M.: Introduction to Fuzzy Arithmetic – Theory and Applications. Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, New York (1985)Google Scholar
- 11.Haans, M.: Applied Fuzzy Arithmetic – An Introduction with Engineering Applications. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Verma, A.K., Srividya, A., Prabhu Gaonkar, R.S.: Fuzzy-Reliability Engineering Concepts and Applications. Narosa Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Nguyen, H.T., Walker, E.A.: A First Course in Fuzzy Logic, 3rd edn. CRC Press (2006)Google Scholar
- 14.Kilic, H.S.: A Fuzzy AHP Based Performance Assessment System for the Strategic Plan of Turkish Municipalities. Int. J. Bus. Manag. 3(2), 77–86 (2011), http://www.sobiad.org/eJOURNALS/journal_IJBM/2011.html Google Scholar
- 15.Meixner, O.: Fuzzy AHP Group Decision Analysis and its Application for the Evaluation of Energy Sources. In: Proc. of the 10th Int. Symp. on the Analytic Hierarchy/Netw. Process Multi-criteria Decis. Mak., U of Pitt, PA, USA, pp. 1–14 (2009), http://www.isahp.org/2009Proceedings/index.html (accessed on April 27, 2012)