Robust Algorithm for Safety Region Computation and Its Application to Defense Strategy for RoboCup SSL
We have proposed a new concept of “safety region” which we use to measure the position of the defense robots. It is defined as a region that the teammate robot(s) can defend the goal when an opponent robot shoots the ball from the inside of the safety region while teammate robots are positioned according to their defense strategy.
Since it is difficult to obtain the accurate safety region in a short time, we need an algorithm that computes an approximate safety region in real time. We proposed such algorithm in the previous paper. However, the safety region obtained by the algorithm is not accurate enough. Therefore, in this paper, we propose an improved algorithm to compute the approximate safety region. We have achieved 95% accuracy and less than 1 msec of computation time, which is adequate for our RoboCup application. We also propose a defense strategy based on the safety region considering the positions of the opponent robots and the pass direction. The achieved results indicate accurate performance for determining the positions of the defense robots.
KeywordsSafety Region Pass Line Defense Strategy Real Robot Robust Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Achiwa, H., Maeno, J., Tamaki, J., Suzuki, S., Moribayasi, T., Murakami, K., Naruse, T.: RoboDragons 2009 Extended Team Description (2009), http://small-size.informatik.uni-bremen.de/tdp/etdp2009/small_robodragons.pdf
- 2.Ball, D., Wyeth, G.: UQ RoboRoos 2004: Getting Smarter. In RoboCup 2004 Symposium CDROM, SSL Team Description Papers (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Laue, T., Burchardt, A., Fritsch, S., Hinz, S., Huhn, K., Kirilov, T., Martens, A., Miezal, M., Nehmiz, U., Schwarting, M., Seekircher, A.: B-Smart (Bremen Small Multi Agent Robot Team) Extended Team Description for RoboCup (2009), http://small-size.informatik.uni-bremen.de/tdp/etdp2009/small_b-smart.pdf
- 5.Maeno, J., Ishikawa, A., Murakami, K., Naruse, T.: Safety region: an index for evaluating the situation of RoboCup Soccer game. JSAI Technical Report. SIG-Challenge-B001-2 (2010), http://winnie.kuis.kyoto-u.ac.jp/sig-challenge/SIG-Challenge-B001/SIG-Challenge-B001-2.pdf
- 6.Nakanishi, R., Bruce, J., Murakami, K., Naruse, T., Veloso, M.: Cooperative 3-Robot Passing and Shooting in the RoboCup Small Size League. In: Lakemeyer, G., Sklar, E., Sorrenti, D.G., Takahashi, T. (eds.) RoboCup 2006. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 4434, pp. 418–425. Springer, Heidelberg (2007)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Zickler, S., Bruce, J., Biswas, J., Licitra, M., Veloso, M.: CMDragons 2009 Extended Team Description (2009), http://small-size.informatik.uni-bremen.de/tdp/etdp2009/small_cmdragons.pdf