Multi Body Kalman Filtering with Articulation Constraints for Humanoid Robot Pose and Motion Estimation
In this paper, a concept for articulated rigid body state estimation is proposed. The articulated body, for instance a humanoid robot, is modeled in a maximal coordinate formulation and the articulations between the rigid bodies as nonlinear position and linear motion constraints. At first, the individual state of each particular rigid body is estimated with a Kalman filter, which leads to an unconstrained state estimate. Subsequently, the correct state estimate for the articulated rigid body is derived by projecting the unconstrained estimate onto the constraint surface.
KeywordsRigid Body Motion Estimation Humanoid Robot Biped Robot Rotation Error
- 1.Aoustin, Y., Plestan, F., Lebastard, V.: Experimental comparison of several posture estimation solutions for biped robot rabbit. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, ICRA 2008, pp. 1270–1275 (May 2008)Google Scholar
- 2.Baumgarte, J.: Stabilization of constraints and integrals of motion in dynamical systems. In: Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering (1972)Google Scholar
- 4.Cline, M.B., Pai, D.K.: Post-stabilization for rigid body simulation with contact and constraints. In: IEEE Intl. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Kraft, E.: A quaternion-based unscented Kalman-filter for orientation tracking. Tech. rep. (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Smith, R.: Opensource dynaminc engine (2004), http://www.ode.org