Robot Hardware, Software, and Technologies behind the SKUBA Robot Team
SKUBA is a winner from RoboCup 2011, Turkey. The aim of this paper is to explain the basic concepts of the design of the robot hardware and the AI system. The robot mechanics are explained in detail along with the electronic boards. Protection circuits are added to make the robot more robust. A torque controller is implemented as low-level controller to reduce the effect of surfaces. The high level AI system is separated into three major modules: predictor/tracker, strategy, and control module. The tracking algorithm and the Kalman Observer are implemented in the predictor/tracker module. The strategy module takes care of playing and evaluates the probability of each play against the opponent. Finally, the control module is explained. Path planning algorithms and a modified kinematics equation are implemented in this module in order to make the robot move along the desired trajectory with less velocity error.
KeywordsSmall Size League mobile robot torque controller modified kinematics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zickler, S., Laue, T., Birbach, O., Wongphati, M., Veloso, M.: SSL-Vision: The Shared Vision System for the RoboCup Small Size League. In: Baltes, J., Lagoudakis, M.G., Naruse, T., Ghidary, S.S. (eds.) RoboCup 2009. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 5949, pp. 425–436. Springer, Heidelberg (2010)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Sukvichai, K., Wasuntapichaikul, P., Tipsuwan, Y.: Implementation of Torque controller for brushless motor on the omni-directional wheeled mobile robot. In: ITC-CSCC 2010, Pattaya, Thailand, pp. 19–22 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Zickler, S., James Bruce, J., Biswas, J., Licitra, M., Veloso, M.: CMDragon Extended Team Description Paper. In: RoboCup 2009 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Sukvichai, K., Wechsuwanmanee, P.: Development of the modified kinematics for a wheeled mobile robot. In: ITC-CSCC 2010, Pattaya, Thailand, pp. 88–90 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Chaiso, K., Sukvichai, K.: SKUBA Extended Team Description Paper. In: RoboCup 2011 (2011)Google Scholar