A Modeling of the Description of Urban Residents’ Traveling Decision Based on Simple Genetic Algorithm
Genetic algorithm is a new optimizing searching method based on biology evolutionary theory. Just as evolution deals in populations of individuals, genetic algorithms mimic nature by evolving huge churning populations of code, all processing and mutating at once. One of the most important points of this paper is how to describe the urban residents making trip modes decisions based on simple Genetic Algorithm. What’s more, to establish a proper fitness function is another difficulty of this paper.
KeywordsModel Urban resident Traveling decision SGA
This paper is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation (No. 71103014), the basic research and operating expenses (No. 2011JBM032) and the key project of logistics management and technology lab.
- 1.Xu Yongneng, Li Xu-Hong, Zhu Yandong, Shi Shuming (2005) Satisfaction criteria of urban residents travel mode choice model. Comput Commun 4:54–57Google Scholar
- 2.Liu Huanyu, Song Rui, Xu Wangtu, Han Bi-lin (2009) Optimization of urban public transportation network layer model and genetic algorithms. Urban Public Transp 9:32–36Google Scholar
- 3.Ming Shijun, Yang Deming (2010) Trip gradient and travel structural relationship. WestChina Univ Technol (Natural Science) 9:75–78Google Scholar
- 4.Xiong Yuanbo, HuYongJu, Wang Hao (2010) City residents peak time travel mode option. Transp Sci Technol Econ 5:59–61Google Scholar
- 5.Ma ChangXi, Wen Juanjuan, Li Chuanghong, Li Xiaoli (2009) Big city residents’ travel mode decision-making method. J Transp Eng Inf 2:33–39Google Scholar