A Comparative Study on Predict Effects of Railway Passenger Travel Choice Based on Two Soft Computing Methods
The travelling factors acting on the railway passengers changes greatly with the passengers’ choice. With the help of the modern information computing technology, the factors were integrated to realize quantitative analyze according to the travel purpose and travel cost. The detailed comparative study was implemented with the two soft computing method: genetic algorithm, BP neural network. The two methods with different idea, applicable range applicable and the key parameters set were also studied in this model. The analyzed methods were also proved effective and applied for predicting the railway passengers travel choice through the empirical study with soft-computing supporting.
KeywordsRailway Passenger Travel Choice Genetic Algorithm BP Neural Network Comparative
This paper is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation.
- 1.Yao R (2010) The regional economy comes into the era of high-speed railway. Zhejiang Econ 5:43Google Scholar
- 2.Xingji Jin, Weiwei Jia (2008) Review of researches on artificial neural network. Journal of Jilin Radio and Television University 40(1):65Google Scholar
- 3.Yingwei Ren, Lingling Song, Shouren Wu (2009) Application of BP neural network in traffic engineering. Traffic Eng 20:136–137Google Scholar
- 4.Jinqiang Xu, Yuqing Zhang (2006) Urban traffic volume prediction based on BP neural network. Automot Electron 5:23Google Scholar
- 5.Shiqi Qiu, Qi Wang (2009) Freeway traffic incident detection based on BP neural network. China Meas Test 35(2):48–52Google Scholar
- 6.He Wei-hui, Wang Jia-Lin (2009) The improvement and application of real-coded multiple-population genetic algorithm. Chin J Geophys [J] 52:2644Google Scholar
- 7.Ma Yong-jie, Ma Yi-de, Jiang Zhao-yuan, Sun Qi-guo (2009) Fast genetic algorithm and its convergence. Syst Eng Electon [J] 31(3):714Google Scholar
- 8.Qiang Li-xia, Yan Ying (2006) Analysis on the difference of demand for passenger transport of high-speed railways between home and abroad. Railw Transp Econ [J] 28(9):18–21Google Scholar
- 9.Wu Qun-qi, Xu Xing (2007) Mechanism research on travelling choices of passengers. J Chang’an Univ (Social Science Edition) [N] 9(2):13–16Google Scholar
- 10.Chen Zhang-ming, Ji Xiao-feng (2008) Study on features of railway passengers’ travel activities. Railw Transp Econ [J] 30(11):23–25Google Scholar