Modeling and Analyzing of Railway Container Hub Scheduling System Based on Multi-agent System
Railway container hub scheduling system is a typical discrete element dynamic system (DEDS) which has the feature of high randomness, low flexibility, and uncertainty of operation time and high coordination demand of facilities. Multi-agent systems (MAS) have demonstrated their potential for solving complex problems which are asynchronism, concurrency, distributivity, parallel and overcome the disadvantages when faces complex discrete element dynamic system. According to the analysis of layout, establishment, facility and operation procedure of railway container hub, this paper chooses MAS as the basis to build the railway container hub scheduling system model, analyzes the function of each agent, and describes the schedule procedure analysis of agents.
KeywordsContainer Railway container hub Multi-agent system Scheduling
The authors wish to thank the National Natural Science Foundation of China for contract 60870014 under which the present work was possible.
- 1.Durfee EH, Lesser V (1989) Negotiating task decomposition and allocation using partial global planning. Distrib Artif Intell 2:224–229Google Scholar
- 2.Degano C, Pellegrino A (2002) Multi-agent coordination and collaboration for control and optimization strategies in an intermodal container terminal. In: IEEE international engineering management conference, Cambridge, 2002, pp 590–595Google Scholar
- 3.Gambardella LM, Rizzoli AE (ed) (1998) Simulation and planning of an intermodal container terminal. Simulation 71:107–116Google Scholar
- 4.Yu M (2007) Research on container terminal scheduling system based on multi-agent. WUHAN University of technology, WuhanGoogle Scholar
- 5.Li Bin, Li Wenfeng (ed) (2007) Modeling of container terminal logistics system based on multi-agent. J Southeast Univ 23:146–150Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang R, Yan P (2007) Information system model of rail-sea intermodal transportation based on multi-agent. J Tonggi Univ 35:72–76Google Scholar
- 7.Wei X (2007) Research on container backup yard machine scheduling simulation system based on agent. Dalian Maritime University, DalianGoogle Scholar