The Measurement of Complexity of Organization Coordination Network of Major Scientific and Technological Projects
Organization coordination network (OCN) of major scientific and technological project (MSTP) is an complex gigantic system. In this paper, in order to measure complexity of OCN of MSTP, we use entropy theory, based on complexity science theory. We discuss the application of entropy in organization management, and propose entropy model evaluating complexity of OCN of MSTPs, and compute the entropy of centralized network, adaptive network, distributed network. Three network models have different information order, structure order and total order. As for three network models, structure order and total order decrease, information order increases. Therefore, distributed network has the maximum information order.
KeywordsMajor scientific and technological projects Organization coordination network Complexity
- 1.Za Ma He (1993) Complexity study. Science Press, BeijingGoogle Scholar
- 2.Zhi Lin Yan, Wan Hua Qiu, Zhi Qiang Chen (1997) Evaluation of system order degree as viewed from entropy. Syst Eng Theory Pract 17(6):45–48Google Scholar
- 3.Lin Zhou, Xian Xing Liu (2005) A target detection algorithm based on new definition of information entropy. Info Control 34(1):119–122Google Scholar
- 4.Jun Hong (2005) The research for entropy model for assessing the complexity of network organization. J Manag Sci China 13:853–863Google Scholar
- 5.Xi Bin Li (1994) Entropy-information theory and an analysis of the effectiveness of systems engineering’s methodology. Syst Eng Theory Pract 14(23):37–42Google Scholar