The Decision-Making Model for Aviation Project’s Supplier Selection Based on Improved TOPSIS
In view of the weaknesses on evaluation attributes weighting and distance in traditional TOPSIS, an improved algorithm is proposed. In the procedure of this algorithm, the combinational weights of evaluation attributes determined by REM assembly and entropy weighting so as to take subjective experience and objective data into consideration simultaneously. By using the relative entropy between an alternative and the ideal solution between the alternative and the negative-ideal solution, we define a new relative closeness to the ideal solutions, and the selection of alternative achieved. We built the decision-making model for aviation project’s supplier selection based on improved TOPSIS considering the characteristics of the aviation projects. Results show that it is feasible and effective to be applied to aviation projects.
KeywordsEntropy weight Relative entropy Aviation project Supplier selection
This research is funded by the National Torch Plan of China (2011GH550131); Ministry of Education, Humanities and Social Science Project of China (11YJC630168).
- 1.Shi JZ (2005) The economic globalization and the development of aviation industry. Econ Res Aviat Ind 5(5):5–10Google Scholar
- 2.Zhang Z, Lei J, Cao N (2003) Evolution of supplier selection criteria and methods. Eur J Oper Res 4(1):335–342Google Scholar
- 4.Zhao T, Sun SY, Sun HH (2003) An application of a preference restraint cone DEA model in vendor selection. Syst Eng Theory Pract 23(3):78–80Google Scholar
- 5.Guo H, Xu HJ, Liu L (2009) Threat assessment for air combat target based on interval TOPSIS. Syst Eng Electron 31(12):2914–2917Google Scholar
- 6.Jia WW, Ching HC, Kun KL (2009) Fuzzy hierarchical TOPSIS for supplier selection. Appl Soft Comput 9(1):337–386Google Scholar